my macbook pro battery is damage

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jlr, Feb 11, 2009.

1. jlr macrumors newbie

hi newbie here in your forum in need help because my macbook pro battery is damage, and when i power on my laptop it shows a black screen only..my question is can i use and reformat my macbook pro even with out a battery??pls help..

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'm confused; is your computer damaged or just the battery?

3. misterredman macrumors 6502a

misterredman

You can use the macbook also without a battery. I guess you can reformat and install without the battery too. Just be sure not to pull the AC cable during the install.

To be true it's seems like a strange behaviour, not sure the battery damage explains the black screen at startup...

4. jlr thread starter macrumors newbie

@alphaod - sir my battery is damage after my lil sister used it(grrrrr so kind of her), the right side of it melts due to overheat and the good part of this is she didn't accept her mistake!!weeh

@misterredman - okie so thats the technique of it..to be honest sir im not familliar with this type of notebook and os..im only just a user ^^.sir is this type of notebook has a recovery disk built on his drive also?? because when my father both it from his friend he didn't check if theres a cd's on it..

thank for the reply sir alphaod and misterredman

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ OP, I operated my MBP for three days without a battery, so as the other posters have mentioned it can be done...:)

6. jlr thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you sir for the reply..know i need to learn more about this gadget of mine ^^--another thing is there a thread here on how to format this notebook??..thank you in advance

7. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

Do you have OS X installation disks for your machine?

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You can run your computer without a baterry, but it will run slower due to the design of the machine.

As with the battery melting, is that physical damage? If the battery is deformed due to the heat, you can get your batter replaced if your computer is still under warranty.

9. jlr thread starter macrumors newbie

no sir we have no os x installation disk.. and thats my big problem also.. because when my father bought it to his friend he didn't check if theres a disk attach to it!! and im thinking that it has a recovery disk built on it.sir is that possible??? tnx

@alphaod - thank you sir for the information..im happy that it can run even with out a battery!!

- the battery is not physically damage. its the heat that causes the damage.. and the warranty is expired..

10. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

I'm thinking you need to borrow a retail installation disk for Mac OS X - Tiger or Leopard - and try to install. I suggest "borrowing" a copy to see if will even work in your computer.

I do not believe there is any built in recovery for the entire OS.

11. jlr thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your suggestion mr. apple corps..and yeah this is what I'm going go try..grrrr..and I'm doing it know.. searching and asking friends to get a retail installer disk..

mmmm...yeah your right about it, apple don't have a built it recovery disk..bcoz i i've tryed it..tnks