My macbook pro battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbcollins93, Feb 8, 2009.

1. mbcollins93 macrumors member

mbcollins93

I dont know if i have a faulty battery, not taking care of the battery, or if i am being ocd, but my battery does not last as long as it did, and i have only had the computer for about 3 weeks. I have included a pic of me running the coconut battery tester. I am knew to laptops and would also like to know how to properly take care of my battery. I keep it plugged in for most of the week and take it off the plug maybe once a week and do a full drain and recharge. So that is basically my batteries schedule. am i taking care of it right?
    thanks a lot, and sorry for my naiveness :)
    Sorry i did not know how to actually put a pic on this thread. so here is a link to a photobucket. click on the link. it will have the pic there.
    http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp79/mbcollins93/Picture1.png

2. kobefan234 macrumors 6502

kobefan234

What is wrong with your battery? Are you getting poor battery life?
    :apple:

3. iphonematt Guest

According to the pic you posted, you battery is perfectly fine. Open up system profiler and then go under the power tab on the left. Does that info match what coconut battery says?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yeah, it would be nice to look at the fully charged battery stats. What it shows is that the charger is not connected or not charging, 70% charged and health is 99%. You can press SHIFT+COMMAND+4 at the same time and then click and drag over the battery stats and you'll get a picture 1 on the desktop and you can add that to your reply to thread...

Attached Files:

5. hypmatize macrumors regular

press spacebar which enables you to take a screenshot of the window without the need to click and drag ;)