My Macbook pro doesn't detect Wifi sometimes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sood1992, Aug 31, 2014.

1. sood1992 macrumors newbie

My macbook has been troubling me lately while connecting to WiFi. When I wake up my macbook sometimes my Wifi doesn't show up in the available wifi list. I have to make several attempts to manually join the the wifi network to connect.

I can connect to all other Wifi's around me and others can connect to my wifi router as well :confused:

Here's the screenshot from my router's page

[​IMG]

Screenshot from Wireless Diagnostic tool

[​IMG]

Please help :eek: :(

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Why use such an old wireless technology or do you have older equipment that can only use up to wireless G? Why are you using WEP security since WEP was broken so long ago.

Open System Preference->Network tab and in the tab click on it's Advanced button. There delete all the other wireless routers you are not currently connect to it. That total save the change.

3. sood1992 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed it, set the channel to 11 number, it used to auto jump to 13 and beyond, which was creating problem. weird.

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Download the application iStumbler and use it to scan the wireless routers around you and select a unused router channel. You could use the free application NetSpot for the same scanning look.