my macbook pro dosent reboot

Discussion in 'macOS' started by carlitin, Jun 14, 2008.

1. carlitin macrumors newbie

:confused:

i can't get passed the point where it says Starting Mac OS X...... and it just stays right there can any body help please

2. chscag macrumors 65816

You haven't given us much to go on. Which MBP? What have you done to try to resolve the problem?

Regards.

3. carlitin thread starter macrumors newbie

well i have i think the first one with the cam a G4.... i haven't done anything cause i forgot my password n i took it to best buy n they said they reinstall OS X 4 tiger but now it dosent do anytime dnt understand plz help...

4. jwayneC macrumors newbie

jwayneC

my macbook pro dosent reboot

If you are trying to login first at start up, it could be a failure to authenticate credentials on Active Directory only if your macbook is binded to the Active Directory.
    If still hangs on Starting Mac OSX, there will be an issue with the local Library directory plist files. I recommend in this case to reboot and boot up in safe mode, then try to login again.
    If this procedure didn't work use the login in single user mode Command-S, then run a check disk /sbin/fsck -fy then press enter.fsck will go through five "phases" and then return information about your disk's use and fragmentation. Once it finishes, it'll display this message if no issue is found:

** The volume (name_of_volume) appears to be OK

If fsck found issues and has altered, repaired, or fixed anything, it will display this message:

***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****

If the file system was modified you might have to reinstall your Mac OSX.

Good Luck:apple: