My MacBook Pro experiance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MCIowaRulz, Sep 13, 2010.

1. MCIowaRulz macrumors 6502

Ok, I go to a school in Iowa for Broadcasting/Film and I need a MacBook Pro for Final Cut So,
    I ordered a MacBook Pro from MacMall because the had a free Pharaells offer. Little did I know what I was about to get my self into...
    First, I orderd a CTO with the i7 2.66, 8GB, 500 7.2K AG WS Display. They told me on the phone that it was going to be here with in a Week. So I log into there site and there is an ordered that says Canceled I was like what the heck as the only thing I canceled was a Hard Drive from them So I called them and spoke to India and they said Yes Sir we will take care of everything for you.
    Anyway the computer finally did come However I was one of the unlucky ones who have the Freezing MacBook Pro syndrome. So after three tries with Apple support who could fix the problem (obviously) they tell me to send the computer in for a replacement. Well, MacMall I had to get nasty with because they where "NO RETURNES on Apple equipment.
    I had to get nasty with them so I finally got that sent back and Apple assured me that when I ordered again they would prorate my Apple Care so I wouldn't loose it. So I ordered the same config direct from Apple on Sept the 3rd and it comes on the 9th. However with this new computer the screen in Wobble when it is opened or shut and the feet are VERY slippery and it will slide on a desk when it is opened. To make matters worse the Lady on the phone said that I could be issued a refund and have to pay for AppleCare again or loose my 4 months as they see the Apple care on the old system which I sent back to MacMall. At this point I almost to the point where I'm ready to send this back and get a PC laptop. Apple has changed they used to be such a great company back in the 98-2006:( Before all of this iCrap)

Any Advice?
    i'm not angry just a little sad

2. Reapur macrumors regular

Im not too sure I really understand what you are upset about regarding the display. The rubber feet are firmer than most laptops on the market which makes the computer slowly glide over a surface when pushed. Other laptops tend to hop violently when pushed along a hard surface which can possibly cause hard drive issues from the heavy vibration.

I think you might be being a little picky here.

3. MCIowaRulz thread starter macrumors 6502

The tables we have at school are smooth surface tables and they are not a problem with my Dell XPS 16 which has small and medium square rubber feet. The MacBook Pro slides like it's on ice
    Also, on the screen when I open it it shouldn't wobble. I expect that of a cheap Dell. Not a $2600+ notebook.
    I mean why should I have to buy a case when I already spent enough $?

4. jdieh1 macrumors newbie

I think you're nitpicking.

Also your story seems strange. Why did you send your faulty Mac back to the store you bought it from instead of sending it to Apple to have them fix the freezing issue? :confused:

5. MCIowaRulz thread starter macrumors 6502

I ordered it from MacMall and they where jerks about sending the 1st Mac Book Pro back.
    I require a laptop for school due to speech software that I use and I also wanted to have the convenience of working on my design/film projects at the same time.
    The Mac Book Pro that I have now has issues the screen shouldn't wobble and the feet shouldn't slide across desks has they are not rubber they are round.
    I have to keep cupboard padding under this thing to keep it from sliding.