My Macbook Pro has an internet problem please help?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ghandii23, Apr 19, 2011.

1. ghandii23 macrumors newbie

Ok, so i've heard a lot about Macbook Pro's having this internet drop connection constantly. Well i have that problem :confused: . I currently am connected wirelessly to my 2WIRE modem from AT&T, and i own a Mid-2009 13-inch :apple: Macbook Pro, running :apple: Mac OS X Version: 10.6.7 If anyone can help me with this issue it would save me a lot of time and extra sleep, instead of staying up late doing my online school work. :eek:

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

How far is the computer from the router and are you getting a strong signal? Are any other computers experiencing a signal drop?

3. ghandii23 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's down the hall from my room, i have a perfect signal strength, it just goes down every 2-3 minutes. My two roommates both own an Hp and they both connect perfectly to the modem. It's a Mac issue i've read about it online but never really found a solution!

4. Al Coholic macrumors 6502

I have a 2Wire modem from AT&T as well. All was fine until I updated to 10.6.7. I get some serious lag at times or Safari says I'm not connected to the internet. My iPhone however works fine.

I can't put my finger on it though... it's too intermittent.

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Have you checked to see if there's a firmware update for the router?

6. ghandii23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is their a possible downgrade? because if its the latest version of the software that's causing the problem i mine as well downgrade even though that's really sad to be expected from Apple!

7. ghandii23 thread starter macrumors newbie

No i have not! But thanks for letting me know because i had that in mind since the router is from 2008 it might need an update! I'll try it!

8. jenzjen macrumors 68000

If you have AT&T and Uverse, Google for DNS settings. That's the solution.

9. Al Coholic macrumors 6502

It's not the modem/router. Other devices work fine.

10. ghandii23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it's definitely not the modem. I contacted AT&T this morning and let them know my issue, they gave me step by step instructions on resetting my modem and connecting my Macbook pro to it but the problem is still occurring it's a Mac issue. The two HP laptops my roommates have are both working perfectly fine.

11. Benny8692 macrumors newbie

the exact same thing is happening to me.

I recently took mine to my cousins house and joined their network, and when I got back to my house it still worked. However the next day it keeps dropping out and wont re-connect to my wifi and it's REALLY annoying. Is this a software issue? I'm on version 10.6.7 too.

12. ghandii23 thread starter macrumors newbie

I found out it's definitely a software issue! Ever since people have upgraded to the latest software they have been confronting these internet drop problems and as of now "correct me if i'm wrong" but, the only way to get rid of this issue is to downgrade the software or call apple support which their answer is going to be: "It seems like a hardware issue" I still havent found a proper solution myself but when and if i do i would let you know!