My MacBook Pro has too many issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Karr271, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Karr271 macrumors regular

I have a 13" late 2011 unibody macbook pro. It's still under it's 1 year warranty. I have been having a few issues with it.

1) Graphical glitches, some parts of the screen would freeze.
    2) My laptop's fan randomly speeds up
    3) I avidly monitor the ram and it gets low when I just have basic programs open when I should have 1gb+ free. (I have 4gb total)
    4) It takes several minutes for my computer to turn on after i restart it
    5) I get the beachball all of the time
    6) random unresponsiveness.

I've tried resetting the PRAM and every quick solution I could find online. I'm going to take it to the genius bar tomorrow. Also, I recorded videos of it experiencing these problems because I know that as soon that I get to the Apple store it'll be "problem free"

What can I expect when I get to the genius bar? any got their macbook pros repaired? how long did it take? Any tips would be helpful.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

They'll run tests to diagnose what your problem(s) may be. Then they'll be able to tell you what repairs, if any, are required, how long they may take and what expense, if any, there may be. No one in the forum can tell you any of that, as everyone has different issues and different experiences. Be sure to make a backup of your drive before you go.

3. cheddar-caveman macrumors newbie

Just curious, how can a 2011 MBP still be under it's 1 year warranty???

4. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

refurb? some closeout deal? seems plenty of possibilities... including the 2012 macbooks weren't released until june, so if you bought one in may of 2012 then it would still be under warranty because it's not may of 2013 yet :p

5. inlinevolvo macrumors 6502

Your 3rd point makes me think your problems are a little far fetched. How are you able to determine how much ram the comp should use?

6. Seoulman, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013

Seoulman macrumors newbie

What has been annoying me is the the constant repairs with the MBP 2007 model. Since the Nvidia scandle with the class action law suits against Apple knowingly selling the MBPS with the defective parts. I missed the swap out by a couple of weeks.

So after the first change of the logic board then the screen -then the key board and now again the logic board again.All due herbal panics-beach ball on crack-frozen screen. The tech guy said they tried to duplicate the issue but couldn't. They put ut in sleep mode and you could not wake it. So they decided to change the logic board. Im thinking of getting another mbp . How can Apple sell a defective part as a repair knowingly after what has happened? And still sell the defective part at a premium price! And say that no other part is compatible for this issue.

The newer mbps from what I've seen are said to not be upgradable -.WTF! They come with a fused screen which is susceptible to damage .Fused RAM and fused battery. It is said that Apple wants the laptops to mimick the iPhone....WITH! And the price tag doesn't equate to a deposible invoice. I love my 2007 MBP but it seems that
    she wont be repairable later in the future since Apple will consider her ancient and refuse to carry parts for his model.

Any suggestions

7. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

1) You're hanging onto the model most notorious for dying. Seriously, sell yours while it's still somewhat functional. It's just going to crap out again. It's also between 3 and 5 years outside of warranty- Apple doesn't owe you anything.

2) I'll take a fused battery that lasts 6 hours and continues to function for 3-5 years over any user-replaceable type.

3) MacBook screens have been glued to the display assembly for years. The Retina model is different only in that the glass is optically bonded to the screen. It doesn't affect the durability, or the ease of repair, since reparing a MBP display has pretty much always meant replacing the entire assembly.

4) Proofread.

8. Seoulman macrumors newbie

There is no need to be crasp, but thank you for your insight.