My MacBook Pro Horror Story

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbookproFTW!, Jan 11, 2009.

1. macbookproFTW! macrumors newbie

So I was doing a video project for school and i noticed that my mbp's superdrive slot was bent down so it would barely accept discs and made a much deeper sound than the normal eject sound. Plus my power adapter had an infamous meltdown and my mouse button would not push even though it sensed the click. So the first day of winter break I take it in to my local aasp because the closest apple store to me is 3 ½ hours away. They tell me it will be done before I go back to school in 2 weeks. I say okay and 2 weeks later still no call until Monday when my mom picked me up from school. So I go in and see what’s up. They had just looked at it for the first time and called me to tell me that the bottom case would not be covered by warranty because I dropped it. WHAT!!!!?!?!?!?! I have never dropped my machine and has been in a techshell since the day I bought it. It also has never left the table and I use it like a desktop. I argue with him for 10 minutes but finally give up and he tells me that apple will cover the top case and the power adapter. He tells me he will order the parts right when I leave and it will be done Wednesday for sure! Saturday comes along and still no call so I go in with my dad hoping to have better luck. The guy there today tells me that the parts weren’t ordered until THURSDAY! A day after the guy told me my laptop would be done. Today is the 22nd day that they have had my laptop and now they won’t even let me take it home while I wait for the parts because “It is against Apple policy” and the had it completely taken apart. What can I do?? Do I have any legal options or do I just have to wait these retarded liars out.

i had to type this out on a VAIO a VAIO /cry

2. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

You mentioned your mum in there. If I were you, I'd strongly suspect SHE might be the culprit. I'd confront her in no uncertain terms, demanding that she confess to knocking the computer to the floor and denting it when she last cleaned up your room. She is unlikely to own up at first time of asking, but if you question her purposefully and refuse to accept anything less than the full truth, she'll crack eventually.

3. macbookproFTW! thread starter macrumors newbie

it wasn't my mom lol i keep it downstairs and why would she use it when she has a top of the line iMac plus she doesnt know my password plus there are no dents or scratches the superdrive bend is the common problem from a weak frame in that area on the 15 in penryn mbp's

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Apple Service / Store Geniuses can tell when you've dropped your laptop due to the internal Accelerometer chip.

5. macbookproFTW! thread starter macrumors newbie

they dont have a way to check that at my aasp that was my first thought on proving i didnt drop it but lets put it this way... their machines are running os 8

6. gjw4u macrumors 6502

Call Apple Care and explain to them nicely, the difficulties you have had with your AASP.

7. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

oh i see, there is software though to see how many times someone has dropped their Macbook and when, so i just thought about that at first when you said they had insisted you'd dropped it.

8. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Yeap as you said. The drive slot is susceptible to bending or bowing of the top beam. If they are taking your computer apart then they can probably bend it back for you.
    But I would advise you to call Apple and report this company, they should take it up with them and ensure the job is dome properly. I have had a bit of a horror experience with my nearest so called "Genius" bar engineers. But they are not all like it. I hope you get it sorted out.