My Macbook Pro is a...genius?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Counted Out, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Counted Out macrumors member

So for the last couple of weeks, my MacBook Pro (early 2009) would not go to sleep when I closed the screen. It didn't bother me much, but I was still planning on having it checked out by the Apple Store next week.

On Wednesday night (the problem was still occurring), I left for a trip to San Diego and I took my laptop with me. I got to the hotel, turned on the computer and noticed that my wallpaper had turned back to the default. I was kind of confused, but I was honestly too tired to look into it.

Then I shut my laptop and IT WENT TO SLEEP. I didn't even notice it at first, but then I tried it again. I had been up for 36 hours straight and I seriously thought I was trippin.

:eek: << That probably best describes how I looked.

Any explanations for this oddity, or is my MacBook Pro really just that good? :cool:

2. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Maybe.. whatever was wrong happened to get better? Wallpaper changed? Maybe Mr Jobs got his leprechauns to fix your laptop while it was in your bag.

3. Counted Out thread starter macrumors member

Theory #1. I think it's definitely a possibility.

4. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

I think Steve hire's Oompa-Loompas personally. Goes more with his secrecy.

5. Bibblejw macrumors newbie

On a slightly more serious note (I know, I don't really want to do it either), it could be that there was a loose connection in the screen sensor, and that was put back together by random movement in your bag.

Or an update fixed it, or perhaps when you were changing something (to get onto hotel wifi or some such), you happened to fix a confilt with the settings.

Frankly, there are any number of explanations, which is why most people believe that the behaviour of computers is chaotic. And they are largely right.

Personally, I'd still prefer it to be Steve's reverse gremlins, though.

6. Counted Out thread starter macrumors member

The computer hasn't ran an update check since March 31st, so I don't think an update fixed it.

7. King Apple macrumors regular

King Apple

if you have applecare or still in warranty, i would get it checkd out to be on the safe side.

8. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

It was probably some bizarre hardrive error. It was probably fixed during background HDD defrag and the change of wallpaper was just a byproduct of OSX fixing the problem. You might still want to have it checked if your ever near a store. Thats just my guess.

9. Counted Out thread starter macrumors member

I bought it used, no warranty (that I know of).

So no mythical creatures? :(

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Did your computer run out of juice when you were traveling?

Usually the fix for a sleep issue is the SMC reset.