Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdavis190

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
I bought a Macbook Pro in June of 2007 (2.4ghz Core 2, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD etc) and it was beautiful. However I did not buy AppleCare. Around late september, early october of that year, I tripped on the ethernet cable running to it and it fell off my desk while open, face down on to the floor. The case was bent, but there didn't seem to be any major damage. I sent it in to Apple a few days later because I had the problem with the lower 1/3 of the screen being yellow-tinted and a few weeks later I got it back from Apple. They had tightened the case down for me, which held up for a while, however it is all starting to come apart. the top of the hand rests are starting to separate from the rest of the case, the latches to close the computer don't work any more, the sides are bent out, battery life is down to 2 hours max, and it has started randomly shutting down, causing me to lose what I was working on. As I previously stated I do not have AppleCare. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks,

Steven

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.