My MacBook Pro is here

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by switcher3365, Mar 13, 2008.

1. switcher3365 macrumors regular

I know some people are annoyed at the "I got mine now" posts, but I am a switcher that has been waiting years to save up the money to get a high end computer. Been waiting for this thing since I ordered it on Feb 27.

I have the base model Penryn MBP with a glossy screen. So far, I do not regret getting the glossy screen. It looks great. I LOVED the video that they had to welcome me to the operating system. That was amazing. I don't notice any yellow lines either.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I should add that this computer is replacing an 800 MHz Intel Celeron Processor (March 2002) whose monitor doesn't work so it is attached to a 17" CRT monitor.

I can actually go on YouTube and watch videos without it cracking up. I can go to the store and buy a piece of software and it works. YES!!!

And even better, it was paid with CASH. Visa's not making a profit off this purchase.

2. DJJONES macrumors 6502

im doing the same thing your doing but i didnt pay cash. guitar center is financing it for 1 year interest free with no payments whooo hooo!!:D feels good right i didnt get myne yet waiting for the gc call cant wait

3. skiesforme macrumors 6502

skiesforme

Where's the Welcome video stored ??

Congratulations !! and Same pinch ! :D I got the 15.4" glossy base penryn MBP as well.

Always wondered, where's the Welcome video stored ?? I would like to watch it more often. Anyone ?

4. a4abt macrumors regular

Congrats! Seems you are switching from a very boring computer to the most exciting notebook available!! Enjoy & take good care of your new toy :p

5. Bokser Guest

switcher3365
    Congratulations! :)
    I think my the summer I will be in a simlar situation, saving now for the replacement for my Dell 9300 (1.86 Centrino Duo).

6. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

Could of still paid for it with a VISA, earned reward points on ~$2,000 purchase and also gotten a free 1 year extended warranty on the standard. Then just pay off the bill in full that month with your cash :).

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

8. scott9s macrumors member

I like seeing the Mine is Here threads, because you get to see everyone's passion for new computers and experience everyone's ( insert your Gift-Receiving Holiday Here ) Christmas Morning Joy.

Also, everyone's got their own opinion.

I'll be moving from a 3 year old 2.1 GHz Non duo-core with 2 GB RAM to 2.5 duo-core with 4 GB of RAM. That will be fun! Not as big a jump from 800 MHz though.

9. switcher3365 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, my original post was misleading. I saved the money, paid for the computer on my VISA, and now that I have it, I will pay it off. I don't have points on my CC, but I do have the doubled warranty.