My Macbook Pro is making me crazy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dobbs2, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Dobbs2 macrumors 6502

I have the Mid 2012 13 inch Macbook pro. It is the 2.5 GHz i5, intel HD 4000 graphics, 4gb of ddr3 and a 1tb hdd.

I will first off say that it doesn't do this all the time. I bought it in September. It originally came with Lion on it and about a month later I upgraded to Mountain Lion and thats when my troubles began. I mostly use it for school so there are not a lot of programs, but I do have tons of music, movies and tv shows from itunes to help pass the time between classes.

The problems i am having irritate the crap out of me. When I open the laptop up from sleep I see my background then it freezes and won't let me enter my password for about two minutes. It finally decides to work and its good to go. Other times I open it up from sleep I can see my desktop and the place to enter my password, but it has a greyish white haze over the desktop that has a bar that loads from left to right. When this happens it takes about 5-6 minutes to unfreeze. The last is a safari issue. I will be surfing and randomly I can't scroll down the rest of the page with the trackpad or arrows even though it has loaded. Some times if I refresh the page it will let me scroll other time it won't. It however never does this in firefox. My 2009 iMac with Mountain lion does not have these issues nor does my wife's identical Macbook pro. What is going on?

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

First try a SMC and PRAM reset.

Resetting the System Management Controller - Support - Apple

About NVRAM and PRAM

If this does not help make a new User in User & Groups, login into that account and see if the problem persists there.
    If you haven't done so update to 10.8.3.

And, there are sleep issues in 10.8.2, if you still have them on 10.8.3 you might look into using the terminal and pmset to change some settings.

pmset -g in terminal will show you these settings and you can easily change them if the above does not work.

3. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Safari has known issues.

Are you on OS X 10.8.3?

4. Dobbs2 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I am on 10.8.3

I will be trying these suggestions when i get home from work. i'll let you know what happens. Thanks for the help so far.