My Macbook Pro just freaked out.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by slanted-uk, Sep 14, 2010.

1. slanted-uk macrumors newbie

My battery died while browsing online. I plugged the charger in and instead of restoring the previous session the laptop booted from scratch the grey screen with the Apple logo and the spinning wheel was the wrong resolution. I logged in and the date and time had reset to midnight 2001 and my WEP key had been forgotten as well as the password for my time capsule. I got asked if I wanted to accept connections (incoming an outgoing) from a bunch of strange applications I had never heard of, some of them being called just jumbled letters and numbers. Everything else is normal.

This has never happened before anyone have any ideas? I am running a 2009 13" Macbook pro.

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

1. your internal battery may have died as well. This battery allows your system to hold those bits of basic info in memory storage on the motherboard somewhre.

2. If it didn't die, then you may have inadvertently done a hard reset, normally performed by unplugging, removing the battery (in this case your's was dead), and holding the power button in for about 12 seconds.

3. If rebooting doesn't fix the resolution issue, then try resetting the PRAM...hold Option+Command+P+R at the boot up chime sound, and keeping holding them all down until it reboots again on it's own.

Brian