My Macbook Pro keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by KittMac, May 22, 2016.

1. KittMac macrumors newbie

Hey, so my Macbook Pro keeps crashing when this certain operating system code function is called. I have the last three logs. Basically any application I run my laptop always crashes frequently. Any help would be appreciated. Right now I'm backing up all my files and I'm going to update to the latest OS to see if this fixes the issue.

Attached Files:

2. JohnDS macrumors 65816

According to this link: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4263912?start=0&tstart=0

Here's the solution.

Go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/XPCServices/com.apple.dock.extra .xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.dock

and when you get to the level of the dock.app right click + select "Show Package Contents,

then select contents, then xpcservices

delete com.apple.dock.extra.xpc

Then goto activity monitor and forcequit the process, dump your trash and you are done!​

3. KittMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much! Going to try this out :) I'll keep you updated. (might take me a while, I'm a PC person)

4. richard2, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016

richard2 macrumors regular

richard2

Deleting a system file isn't an acceptable solution. KittMac, try the following instead:

1. Open Terminal.
    2. Enter the following:

mv "${HOME}/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist"{,~disabled}; mv "${HOME}/Library/Application Support/Dock"{,~disabled}; killall -HUP Dock