my macbook pro keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DIIIGod, May 15, 2012.

  1. DIIIGod macrumors newbie

    May 15, 2012
    I took my "t" key off to clean it and i couldnt get it back on .
    and i lost part of it so im ****ed now..
    is there a cheap way i can fix this ? apple wants like $100 + to replace my keyboard.
    i wanna jimmy rig it somehow or something.. i cant even afford something off ebay lol
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core


    Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    It's difficult to help you if you don't even tell us what part you lost or provide a picture.
  3. DIIIGod thread starter macrumors newbie

    May 15, 2012
    Are you kidding me ? I said I took my "T" button off to clean it and i lost one of the little plastic pieces ... i dont have the money to take it to apple
  4. iforbes macrumors 6502

    Dec 21, 2011

    Not gonna get a lot of help with that attitude. Just saying...

    Do you have a camera? Is it too much to ask to take a pic and show specifically what is missing?
  5. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

    Nov 9, 2009
    Long Island
    Buy a new T key off of eBay... I'm assuming you broke a plastic piece off the key itself.
  6. mfuchs88 macrumors 6502

    Nov 26, 2011
    Exactly! But he said he's even too broke to buy a piece off of Ebay..... lol. Dude in this case OP, if you can't spend 5 bucks to fix your computer, we can't help you right now. Try digging in the couch for some change and once you find a few bucks get back to us with a better attitude and some pictures.
  7. DIIIGod thread starter macrumors newbie

    May 15, 2012
    Well if its only like $5 i could afford that. but i wouldnt know how to put it back on.. i tried putting it on before i lost it and i couldnt do it... plus i suck at choosing the right one to buy off ebay
  8. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816


    May 6, 2012
    Spaceball One
    Umm pretty much the same as google... Like searching MacBook pro unibody replacement key.... And they just snap on, unless you broke the little plastic scissor mechanism under the key...
  9. DIIIGod thread starter macrumors newbie

    May 15, 2012
    the little rubber thing that the key sits on is ripped a bit so that needs to be replaced to... can i get that off ebay too ?
  10. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030


    Mar 22, 2011
    Tokyo, Japan
    If it just ripped a bit, dont even mind about that.
    If you want the rubber replaced, you need to have the whole keyboard cover replaced.

    Pretty sure 5 bucks cant do that for you.

    There are many Mac parts store around this world.
    Go on google and search it up.

Share This Page