My MacBook Pro Leopard DVD is actually MacBook Air's?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dreamycast, Aug 7, 2009.

1. dreamycast macrumors newbie

Hello there,

I just recently installed BootCamp for Windows 7, and noticed that the Leopard DVD is actually for MacBook Air, and not for MacBook Pro. Hence probably why even the video driver is not installed correctly... (Aero was not supported until I install the right Nvidia driver -- it was instead installing ATI driver when running the auto setup)

Just bought the new aluminium unibody 13" Macbook Pro, and just wondering if this is Apple's mistake in burning the DVDs...even though the label says "13" MacBook Pro Mac OS X Install DVD". What a silly mistake...

Should I be concerned at all...because I just ordered a new faster harddrive and was just going to do the replacement tomorrow, until I found out that the Mac OS X Install DVD is actually for MacBook Air. I am worried, since this will be a complete fresh hard drive installation, that the DVD is for a different type of machine.

Should I contact Apple store and have it replaced? Or is the Mac OS X Installation DVD are all actually the same thing?

Thanks for all the help. :D:apple:

2. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

I'll be honest, I have no idea if all of the drivers are present on your disc for all apple products. (I cant see why apple would have 10 different types of leopard discs, in addition to a retail disc)

I'd call the Apple Store. Worst thing that can happen is you have to go pick up a new disc.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd call apple so they can ship out an actual set of restore disks.

Did you try booting off of the disk, because apple has it keyed, so that only MBP system disks will boot on a MBP, and MBA disks for an MBA.

Is it possible that you have the MBP system disks but the printing on the disk is incorrect?

4. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

He/She said that the disc was labeled for the 13 MBP...

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

What makes you think it's for the MacBook Air? The MacBook Air doesn't use an ATI GPU. What I think happened is that during the Boot Camp drivers installation, you saw that it was installing ATI drivers but it also installs the NVIDIA drivers as well. Aero not working could be another problem all together. The only way to find out is boot off the install DVD and see if it prompts you that you have the incorrect disc.

6. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

That's what I wondered too. The ATI GPU statement made zero sense.

Why are you so certain it's a MacBook Air disk. I doubt you have an incorrect disk if it's labeled for your exact Mac. Reinstall. If you still have problems, call Apple support and have new disks shipped to you.

Good luck.