My MacBook Pro pops

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
California
I have a 15" MacBook Pro TouchBar with 16GB ram, 512GB SSD and the Radeon Pro 455. Every once in a while, at least a couple times a day, it pops. It sounds like someone inside the computer is knocking the inside of the case with their finger. It's really strange.

Has anyone else ever encountered this? Does my computer need an exorcism? Is it just about to explode?

ETA: After using the search feature, which I probably should have started with, I see that I am not the only one this is happening to. There does not appear to be any resolution to the issue either, unless I'm missing something.

Last edited by a moderator:

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
I have a 15" MacBook Pro TouchBar with 16GB ram, 512GB SSD and the Radeon Pro 455. Every once in a while, at least a couple times a day, it pops. It sounds like someone inside the computer is knocking the inside of the case with their finger. It's really strange.

Has anyone else ever encountered this? Does my computer need an exorcism? Is it just about to explode?

ETA: After using the search feature, which I probably should have started with, I see that I am not the only one this is happening to. There does not appear to be any resolution to the issue either, unless I'm missing something.
It's defiantly not coming from the speakers? I've not had this happen to me but I'd probably launch the computer across the room if it starting trying to communicate with me like that! The only thing that physically moves in these is the fans, so if it was coming from the top corners and wasn't the speaker I'd suggest it was something to do with the fan spinning up.

ronaldcastillo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2009
I have this issue with my 2016 MBP 15-inch as well, happens everyday! My speakers recently starting cracking every so often as well (didn't happen in the beginning). I wanna sell my MBP to switch over to an iMac, but not with these issues. They'll probably want their money back once they hear the pop/crack.