My MacBook Pro pops

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ahonen, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Ahonen, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017

Ahonen macrumors 6502

Ahonen

I have a 15" MacBook Pro TouchBar with 16GB ram, 512GB SSD and the Radeon Pro 455. Every once in a while, at least a couple times a day, it pops. It sounds like someone inside the computer is knocking the inside of the case with their finger. It's really strange.

Has anyone else ever encountered this? Does my computer need an exorcism? Is it just about to explode?

ETA: After using the search feature, which I probably should have started with, I see that I am not the only one this is happening to. There does not appear to be any resolution to the issue either, unless I'm missing something.

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

It's defiantly not coming from the speakers? I've not had this happen to me but I'd probably launch the computer across the room if it starting trying to communicate with me like that! The only thing that physically moves in these is the fans, so if it was coming from the top corners and wasn't the speaker I'd suggest it was something to do with the fan spinning up.

3. groove-agent macrumors 6502a

groove-agent

I had this with my 2008 15" MBP when it started cooling down.

4. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

I have this issue with my 2016 MBP 15-inch as well, happens everyday! My speakers recently starting cracking every so often as well (didn't happen in the beginning). I wanna sell my MBP to switch over to an iMac, but not with these issues. They'll probably want their money back once they hear the pop/crack.