My macbook pro screen went completely black, please help ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bindudhindsa, Jan 18, 2012.

1. bindudhindsa macrumors newbie

My Macbook pro screen went completely black. I have tried restarting it lot of times but nothing is coming at my screen. white led at front just blinks sometimes and can hear the chime sound too. could anybody please help what else i can do.

Thanks
    Pal

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

silly but this happened to me once, i forgot i turned the brightness all the way down and was worried it wasnt waking up, than i remebered the brightness was all the way down which is essentially a black screen

3. Ccrew macrumors 68020

4. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Can you give us any info about your MBP? That will make it easier for people to try and help you :)

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

What generation MBP do you have? What size screen? Which OS are you running?

Without these basic pieces of information, we're just poking around in the dark here.

6. bindudhindsa thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought it used one from someone few days ago so i dont know much of its specs ..

Only thing which i can tell which i got from bottom panel is model number A1260, screen must be 15inch , and its macbook pro ..i mentioned earlier i can hear the chime .. i tried few function buttons and i can hear a beep everytime i hit fn and function keys .. seems like motherboard is active , i have tried removing both ram memories but did't help either.

One thing which might be helpful is when i start it i can see white screen less than a second but then it stay black ..

Could anybody please suggest me anything i can try ??

7. balk macrumors member

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

When it's a known company policy, it isn't being lucky.

OP, you are eligible for the nVidia 8600GT recall, have the machine tested at your local Apple store or retailer, if it fails the test, you'll get a whole new logic board free of charge. If it doesn't even boot, you'll have to pay a flat repair fee out of pocket.