My MacBook Pro Story

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by grimreaper1377, Jan 19, 2009.

1. grimreaper1377 macrumors regular

Here's my MacBook Pro Story. Wondering what I should do now :confused:

Due to a variety of problems, I'm on my 3rd macbook pro. Now this one is broken as well, and they say that they'll need to do a repair, which will take one week. I go home and call customer relations, and they say that can do a replacement + something else for all this hassle, and the guy gave me his direct line. The next day, I call his direct line three times, but no answer. I call customer relations, and find out that he's out of office, but they can continue the case. This time though, they're saying that they can't do the replacement, and don't know why it was offered to me in the first place. Instead, I should just do the repair and they would look at options after that. Again, this guy gives me his direct line, and I should just call him. I got my laptop back on dec 27. I've called him every day until now, and he still hasn't answered. On Friday, I gave up on him and called customer relations again, and they say that can't do anything since the unit is in working condition. Basically, I was offered a replacement one day, then I could only do repairs, and now I get nothing. In fact, the whole reason I called in the first place was to avoid the repair since I would be without my computer for a week, and the rental cost at my school for a laptop is $50 a day.

Any ideas?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

How old is this issue and how old was your first MBP? And what is the current issue that requires repair v. replacement? :confused:

4. grimreaper1377 thread starter macrumors regular

Right now, nothing, since it's just been repaired. But before the repairs, the wifi would always drop every 15 minutes, and there were some hiccups when waking up from sleep.

5. grimreaper1377 thread starter macrumors regular

I bought the first one in September 2008. I exchanged that one in October, and did another one for my current one in November.

6. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Is it still doing either of those?

7. grimreaper1377 thread starter macrumors regular

No.

8. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

So, you bought a "classic" MBP in September; then Apple gave you an upgraded unibody replacement in october, which then replaced again in November... and then you asked for a 3rd replacement, but Apple did a repair, after which your MBP is working fine... correct? so what's the problem now?

I understand that being without one's computer for 1 week while its being repaired is a hassle, but I guess that's just part of life when getting a computer and depending on it (and that goes for any computer... or anything else for that matter). I don't think Apple must always pick the tab or compensate for the rental computer, in the form of "extras" or gifts. And I certainly don't think anyone can honestly expect getting new replacements repeatedly every time there's a minor problem with it (sleep hiccups and wifi drops are minor problems, IMHO).

I'd say be happy with your new computer...! You are very lucky they replaced the original classic MBP with new unibodies... twice... instead of replacing it with a refurbished classic (which is what most of the companies would do)... that alone is a VERY nice "extra" for your hassle. No company or product is ever perfect - specially when it comes to new developments - but (in my experience), Apple really tries to excel in customer service.

9. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

10. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Thats what I'm wondering, OP, you have a perfectly working MBP, and you're trying to exchange/replace it why?