My MacBook Pro tries to start up but can't

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ToddJ, Sep 7, 2012.

1. ToddJ macrumors 6502

My (early 2008) MacBook Pro will no longer start-up. This morning when i tried to start it, i had to hold the power button down...when i let it go, it would stop. When i held it down longer, the superdrive made the usual noise it makes when you boot it up....then the front white led would start blinking rapidly then stop and computer stopped trying to boot up. any suggestions? i tried to reset the PRAM already and that didn't seem to do anything.

I had my MacBook Pro in my backpack last night and it got slightly rained on, but it didn't seem like it got wet....

2. ToddJ thread starter macrumors 6502

3. killerrobot, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012

killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

How many times does the light blink? Does it beep at all during the startup/shutdown process? Are you plugged in or running off the battery? Does the charging light on the adapter come on and what color is it?

If you can't power it on, there's not a lot of trouble shooting or advice anyone can give you without physical access to the machine. It could be a number of hardware issues that need to be tested to find the problem.

4. ToddJ thread starter macrumors 6502

5. cburton04 macrumors member

Were you ever able to resolve this, my computer just started doing the same thing yesterday.

6. ToddJ thread starter macrumors 6502