My macbook pro unibody screen keeps flicking black

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by equalsabracket, Oct 19, 2009.

1. equalsabracket macrumors regular

It used to happen once every few month but it's happened a few times in the past few days. What happens is the screen just goes black or the top half of it goes black for a split second and then it continues working fine. Because of it becoming a regular issue, i'm wondering if there's something wrong that i can correct before it's too late? Anybody had similar issues?

2. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Sounds like this should have been taken back to Apple the first time you noticed this. Sounds like it should still be under warranty so Apple will fix it for free ;).

3. equalsabracket thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sure they would, but it's not enough of a problem right now that i'm prepared to be without my laptop for the time it takes them to fix it (my 'local' apple store is 200 miles away so i have to send it off).

So i'm wanting to know if anybody else has had this problem and if its an indication of something or if it leads to worse things.

4. userblah macrumors member

I am currently experiencing this problem, but only a few times a day. I did some searching around and the problem appears to be with the logic board. Take it to apple and they should replace it. Google it for more answers...it seems to be fairly common.

5. 7even macrumors 6502a

This. Received my previous MBP back on the 3rd business day, all fixed up with a new logic board, no more flickering.

6. equalsabracket thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know what to google to find this problem. What did you search for?

7. userblah macrumors member

Try googling this