My Macbook Pro Volume changed its power?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JakobAloudMadge, Jun 4, 2014.

1. JakobAloudMadge macrumors member

When I listen to music on my MacBook Pro (2012 edition) with my EarPods, I have the volume turned all the way up to 100%. While it's a little louder than it should be, it's nowhere near loud enough to be painful or affect me negatively. That being said, I was listening to music and then unplugged my EarPods, went to go talk to someone in my house, and when I came back, plugged them back in, and pressed play, I screamed. The volume was so incredibly loud that it stung.

After then listening to various songs with the volume bar at 50%, I realized that the 50% level of the new volume power is equal to the 100% of the one I had a few minutes ago.

I wasn't updating iTunes or tampering with my macbook's settings or anything, so what could've possibly done this out of nowhere? Thanks.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

My Macbook Pro Volume changed its power?

A partially obstructed connection on the headphone plug can cause it. Sometimes caused by carrying headphones in ones pocket which prevents a full contact within the port. Removing the plug also cleaned the obstruction.