My MacBook Pro Wobbles on the desk

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tom1990, Dec 29, 2010.

1. tom1990 macrumors newbie

I have had my MacBook Pro for just over a month now and have started to notice a wobble when its on my desk.

I took it to the genius bar, and they said it was within tolerances and therefore wouldn't repair it under applecare, they said they would charge me for it.

I told the guy that if he bought a table from a shop, and one of the legs didn't touch the ground, you would take it back expecting an exchange or repair, not to be charged for putting something right that is clearly a manufacturers fault.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!

2. Built macrumors 68020

Take it to another Apple Store and tell them that the wobble is so noticeable, it it making the MBP difficult to use. Some geniuses are stricter than others.

If that doesn't work, contact Appkecare directly and tell them you are not happy with the way this has been handled.

3. dtblaze macrumors regular

I had the SAME exact problem...mine wobbled. They took it in right away and fixed it and shipped it back in 3 days. You got to talk to a nice guy.

4. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

In most fields it all comes down to the person you talk to. Reps have a pretty wide range of things they can-cannot do for you.

Go to a different store and be nice, if you put people on the defensive they will not do you any favors.