Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DuckyJump

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2011
So today I was on my late 2010 MacBook pro 15 inch and the charger was charging it perfectly fine. Then I decided to go do something else for a while and when I came back the green light on the charger was off and nothing would bring it back. My computer doesn't even notice that it is pluged in. I have tried everything from cleaning both the charger and the spot it goes into but none of that worked. So now I don't know what to do.

Jason S.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
So today I was on my late 2010 MacBook pro 15 inch and the charger was charging it perfectly fine. Then I decided to go do something else for a while and when I came back the green light on the charger was off and nothing would bring it back. My computer doesn't even notice that it is pluged in. I have tried everything from cleaning both the charger and the spot it goes into but none of that worked. So now I don't know what to do.

Make sure there is actually power coming out of the wall outlet you are plugging the power adapter into. Try plugging a lamp or something into the same outlet.

If that doesn't work, I would just go to an Apple Store and have them look at it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.