my macbook pro won't load this website?! HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lifeasweknowit, Mar 21, 2012.

1. lifeasweknowit macrumors newbie

okay so i bought the newest macbook pro like... a month ago or two.

and I'm just a highschooler so i don't do anything fancy on it. just aleks (an online math thing), google, youtube, yahoo, research, short essays, and etc. NO gaming, photo editing or anything.

and i go on this one website a LOTTT, and all of a sudden it wouldn't "load" fully. its like a chatting website and everything would pop up except for the actual chat box. its just BLANK. I've sent messages and they do send but it doesn't up on my mac. its just blank. and its not the website cause i can access the website on other computers and even my iPod. it won't work on safari OR firefox. I've cleaned my history, cleared my cache, changed my ip, and restarted my computer a few times. not really really sure why i changed my ip i thought it would help xD.

but this happened with my other mac (it wasn't mine, it was my schools.but i transferred schools and my new school requires me to have a laptop so i got this mac)
    but with "my" old macbook (it was the white one so it was one of the older models , not sure which). and i would go on Y!A a lot. and after a while it wouldntload properly at ALL. only on safari though. it was fine on firefox. but with my chat website it doesn't work on either firefox or safari. although after like a month of not using Y!A on safari it finally worked on safari worked again.

what do i do? and why is this happening? also i have NO idea where to put this question. sorry if its in the wrong category!

2. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Do you go to a private school? Not to many schools I know of requesting (or demanding?) laptops for students. Then again it's been years since I was last in high-school so maybe times have changed.

Try using Google Chrome. There is certain sites that I can't access because they are coded for IE and not Safari. My sites are for paying certain bills, so no clue about yours but hopefully Chrome will fix that, it's also a faster, far superior browser in my opinion.

Since you don't do anything major on the Mac (video editing, web design, photography, etc) why did you get a MBP and not a MB Air? Off-topic, just curious.

3. lifeasweknowit thread starter macrumors newbie

no its the actual website thats not loading /: not the browser or whatever. and its my own computer and it doesn't work at home either.

and well i mean i would need something for college right? lol. and plus a dvd player would be nice. and yes its a small private school xD EVERYTHING is computer based here

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i dont think your understanding his suggestion

some websites do not fully work on some browsers, he not suggesting Safari is broken hes suggesting trying a different browser(Google Chrome) just for that site

5. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Yes, thank you.

Safari might not be able to render certain web pages due to coding conflicts. Some sites (like Medical Payment sites, or certain billing sites like Energy, Gas, etc) only work on Internet Explorer (IE). However Google Chrome does a better job of being able to render these sites that can't be rendered on Safari. Firefox is not a browser I normally use so I can't speak on its behalf, but I would try Chrome.

6. iforbes macrumors 6502

Does the chat window open in a pop-up window? Check to see if you have Safari->Block Pop-Up Windows checked?

7. lifeasweknowit thread starter macrumors newbie

ohhhhh sorry i misunderstood you. do i need to download google chrome or something? if so how do i go about doing that? also, yes its checked but i unchecked and tried it but it didntwork. the website is fine and it works but i just can't see the chat box >_<

8. lifeasweknowit thread starter macrumors newbie

OMFG IT WORKS. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM. THANKTHANKTHANKTHANK x192892792 YOU SOOO MUCH