My MacBook Pro won't wake up

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by lauramhays, Jul 11, 2017.

1. lauramhays macrumors newbie

Since I purchased my MacBook Pro in January, it was had trouble waking up after sleeping for 2 or more hours. I have had numerous conversations with Apple Support, have made 3 visits to the Apple Store and still we can not figure out the problem. We have tried many different solutions but nothing seems to help. At my last visit to the Apple Store, the technician deleted my sleep image. This actually seemed to help for about 4 days but I am not back to having to reboot the computer 3-4 times per day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Apple does not seem to be willing to replace my computer if there is a possibility that it could be a software issue. I have just about had it.

Laura

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

First step is to fix your hibernation settings. They are wrong (somewhere).
    You have an incorrect setup, perhaps related to software that you have added to your Mac system.

If you set up a new user, and run all your software from there --- do you still have the same deep hibernation issue?
    Deleting relevant .plists in the /Library would be a good place to start. You may need to do that several times in succession to help make sure that cache files are updated as well.
    Other than that, I don't know how to reset the main settings for hibernation. That's what will help you.
    (It's software, not hardware)