my macbook pro's mouse and keyboard stop responding

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jessicya, Apr 4, 2009.

1. jessicya macrumors newbie

this problem was pretty consistent. i took it to the apple store and they replaced the keyboard and mouse and my graphics card and my logic board because it kept failing the stress test, two weeks later i finally got back, now its been only two days and my mouse and keyboard are still locking up. i am a senior majoring in advertising design and not having a computer KILLED ME so i wanna see if theres anything else that i can do to fix it or if im doing something wrong. i cant go another day without having my computer. also if theres nothing i can do, do you think asking for a replacement would be flat out rude, i mean i really dont care about having a new computer but i did only purchase it in august and i will not be able to wait another week or two. gees... if it was possible i would rent a computer while it was being fixed.

2. metroid87706 macrumors regular

metroid87706

Had the same issue, but my card died, and when I got it back from its second repair, they had broken my trackpad and keyboard, and eventually replaced it with a unibody. Don't ask for one though, as they will know what you really are up to and screw you over. Just tell them how upset you are, and ask for customer relations. They'll probably do one more repair before they replace it though. They'll help you no matter what though. Good luck!