My Macbook Repair

Sequence

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
I just came back from the Apple Store at Carrefour Laval, Quebec so they can fix some problems with my Macbook. They're chaning the LCD panel, the Speakers and the top case.

I have list of all parts they've ordered for it + price of each part, etc.

It says
1- LCD Panel, 13.3 in Price: $563.00
2- Speaker, Left Price: $17.00
3- Speaker, Right, with Subwoofer Price: $17.00
4- Housing, Top Case, with Keyboard, French Canadian Price: $167.00

Total: $934 Amount Due: $0.00

My question is about #4... This concern the discoloration problem. Will the new part fix the problem permanently?

Also, does it include the whole keyboard with the keys + the trackpad or only the frame of everything (frame of every keys + frame of trackpad).

The thing is, the trackpad looks very greasy but there's no way to clean it... And I wonder if that part will replace that too.

Thanks!

purelithium

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
Kingston, Canada
It replaces everything, including trackpad and keyboard, straight from a Genius.

As for the permanent discolouration fix, I don't know. Maybe. I've seen less and less complaints about it, but that may not mean it's fixed. Get it replaced and see if anything develops.

lumpini

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2008
Apple Store at Carrefour Laval

Hello:

The idiots at that store told me they could not fix my powerbook and that the store does not do any repair. The caveat emptor being that one of the best mac guys out there, is right there in Laval. This guy used to work for Apple and does on site repairs. I met him about 8 years ago when Apple told me they couldn't upgrade me to OS 8.5. He can by and did it, pricy but on the job repairs. Sweeeeeeeeettttttttttt, try this marketingmix.ca. Better luck next time.

Cheers

e12a

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2006
i'm not sure if the palm rest staining issue is fixed..perhaps it is, and they changed the formula for the plastic due to the cracking at the edges.

as mentioned earlier, there seems to be less top case replacements now days. But only time will tell.

i work at a service center.