my macbook stuck at apple logo

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Y-not, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Y-not macrumors newbie

i have tried to load the bootcamp partition windows 7 as well but it also gets stuck saying "starting windows"

I tried verbose mode and it gets stuck ACPI : system state ... (picture attached to this post)

I tried starting from the install disk but it does not start and now it does not even eject the disk

I searched the forum and tried to do some of the stuff mentioned but i dont wanna cause more trouble before getting some sound advise

please help or point me to a correct article

may thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. fsckminix6 macrumors regular

3. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

When you start up the Mac, hold the trackpad button immediately after pushing the power button. It should eject the disc.

Edit: also, this seems like an issue with the HDD, to me.

4. Y-not thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your answers. holding the mouse while turning on helped get the cd out. thanks

but i am still unable to get it going. it does not do anything with the install disk even though i choose it during the option start up

what else can i try? people mention disk warrior. Do i need to create a bootable disk when i buy disk warrior and start from it? It did not start from its own install disk so will it start from disk warrior disk?

Does any1 else have any other advise? How can i see if the HDD is gone completely or if it is a bad sector on hdd that can be fixed

5. fsckminix6 macrumors regular

6. Y-not thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the link

unfortunately the command prompt i reach (via single user mode or verbose mode) does not allow me to type in any commands so i could not use fsck at all. (it gets stuck at the stage pictured above)

is there way to tell if the HDD is at fault or if it is smt else causing the fault?

thanks