Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluetraneuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
... but there isn't.

It is unaffected by inserting a real cd. It ten just thinks there are 2 of them. If I drag it trash or press eject it simply comes straight back on to the desktop. So I have a permanent little cd on my desktop. It seems completely benign... but its very annoying.

Any ideas?

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
screen shot please???

i think you may have put in a blank cd and not have ejected it. im pretty sure you can remove it by right clicking on it and going to "remove" or something.

bluetraneuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Here's a screenshot...

It just says "untitled' if you can;t read it. That little disc icon remains on my desktop and of course is displayed in finder....

Attachments

• scr2.gif
    scr2.gif
    95.6 KB · Views: 149

bluetraneuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
I keep saying... You can do this... and it makes the little trash sound... and then it pops right back onto the screen.

madaski

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2010
I'm having the SAME problem...

except mine isn't showing an icon on the desktop. Mine show's a little eject button in the top toolbar on my desktop. When I click to tell it to eject the blank disc, it opens up my iTunes with a smaller window telling me I've inserted a blank disc and gives me instructions on how to burn items to it.

I also attempted the steps noted above (going into disc utility) to eject the disc. It shows that it detects a blank disk in the drive there as well, but no dice as far as ejecting it from there either. I've deleted all folders and components for the Tune4Mac it is referring to as well.

Again, not a big problem but nonetheless, quite annoying.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-01-23 at 9.13.28 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-01-23 at 9.13.28 PM.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 101

pacogv

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
the solution is easy just do this

Just Command-click the item you want to remove fron the tool bar and drag it out of the menu bar.
When you release the item it will disappear in a puff of smoke.

pacogv

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
try this

Just Command-click the item you want to remove and drag it out of the menu bar. When you release the item it will disappear in a puff of smoke.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Just Command-click the item you want to remove and drag it out of the menu bar. When you release the item it will disappear in a puff of smoke.

why are you bringing back a 6 month old thread, that has already been solved and posted twice - with some information that isnt even that useful? seriously?

madaski

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2010
Ummm....

Because he/she was answering my question. Isn't that what this forum is for?

Sankersizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Canadadada
NO. This forum is for making fun of others behind of a veil of anonymity and proving other people wrong in the most humiliating way possible. which as far as i'm concerned is the most important thing on the entire internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.