My MacBook wants to shut down all applications.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by laceylolbug, Apr 19, 2011.

1. laceylolbug macrumors newbie

If I leave my MacBook inactive for 30 minutes or so, it tries to shutdown all applications like Safari, AIM and Skype. I do not want this. There are times where I will be waiting for call on Skype or something while I am asleep and need it to stay active. I have asked other people and they say their MacBooks do not do this. I Googled it as well and can not find how to make this stop. I've changed the settings in Energy Saver to where my computer doesn't go to sleep unless I tell it to. That has not helped either. I have also changed the settings in the applications themselves but that has done nothing as well. I was in class earlier and we were watching a video. I had my MacBook open in front of me. About 30 minutes into the video, a window popped up on my screen asking "Are you sure you want to shut down all applications?" I clicked cancel so they wouldn't. If I had of just left it, the applications would have shut down after a few minutes. Anyone know why my applications keep shutting down and what I can do to fix this? :confused:

2. simsaladimbamba

System Preferences > Security >> General >>> Log out after ... minutes of inactivity.

3. laceylolbug thread starter macrumors newbie