Well it happened Tuesday morning. I had been away for the past two days and coming home I noticed my apartment door was open and busted...and gone was my precious mac. My black macbook was my switch mac from windows, it was only a year and a half old--I planned to keep it for at least another year and a half. So the insurance should pay me in the coming weeks and I am not sure if I should wait for the next installment laptops or buy it now. Normally I would agree with the "if you need it now buy now" mantra, and while I certainly would like a replacement as soon as possible I have other options available if indeed I decided to wait some. My question is simply if it's worth it to wait. I have heard that the next refresh will change the chip architecture and will be a big leap. I may be willing to wait for that...if it really won't be that big of a leap then I will go ahead and get a new MacBook Pro...but I would like to know if the next update will truly be something big with this new chipset.