My MacBook will not let me Log In.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by PumaGuy, Sep 13, 2008.

1. PumaGuy macrumors regular

It seems that my MacBook will not let me log in.

I turned on my MacBook, clicked on my account, typed in my password, and it went to a pale blue screen and then went back to the log in window. It did not give any notification that my password was wrong. when I did type in random gibberish, the log in screen vibrated, but after three times it did not give the password hint. I then tried to log into my guest account and I was able to get in. I don't have any idea why this is happening.

Hope the community can help me out :(

Puma

2. kalex macrumors 65816

3. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Reboot and see if your problem persists (assuming you haven't already).

4. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

As said above, reboot, and if you're not successful take it into an Apple Store to have it looked at.

5. msheldrick macrumors regular

i had the same problem, i did a Erase and Install since using the Archive and Install had the same problem.

6. bartzilla macrumors 6502a

If I had to guess, I'd say something in your account is corrupted and preventing a login.

7. risseh macrumors newbie

I had the exact same problem.
    This happened because I force quit while in the middle of updates just after I bought my MacBook, and luckily, it was still under warranty.
    The problem is corrupted files. All you need to do is insert the first of the two discs that came with your MacBook (I don't remember what they're called) and hold down C, I'm pretty sure.
    Don't trust that, though, I'd call Apple Support, they'll help.
    You won't lose any files, either.
    Hope this helped.