My Macbook's battery is running out faster than usual...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Bman3221, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Bman3221 macrumors member

For the most part, I charge it until I get it to 100%, let it run out to 1% and then charge it again. Im not one of those people who leave it chargining all the time. Does anyone else have this problem and any solutions???

2. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

full discharges at bad for lit ion batteries. in fact leaving it plugged in all the time is good.

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Well, its not really a solution, but more of a recommendation. As dinaluvsApple said, you are actually doing the exact opposite of what would be considered the "proper" way to care for the battery. So, just switch you habits.

I would also recommend you read Apple's page on batteries.

4. juststranded macrumors regular

Generally, use the battery for however long you need to. If you can try to charge it again when it gets around 50%. It's not a huge deal though, so don't get over-serious about that. Also, you should follow Apple's calibration instructions about once a month. A good rule to go by is try to use about 2 cycles on the battery every week. And, like already mentioned, don't keep the charger plugged in for extended periods of time. Give the battery some usage time or it'll lose capacity.