My MacRumors Fluid Setup

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by michael.lauden, Apr 6, 2009.

1. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share a great application you can use to be more productive and save a lot of time! I'm sure you've heard of it, it's called Fluid. If you haven't - it's an program which creates a separate application for your web pages.

i made one for Facebook and for MacRumors - and with the use of Spaces on Leopard, i can navigate much easier!

[​IMG]

My homepage is of course the Forum Spy - and I have two Browsa-Plugins set up as drawers on the top and bottom (accessed by the Preferences menu).

the top Browsa is set to load my User Page (to access threads and the user CP of MR)

and the bottom Browsa is set to see my recent posts so i can add conversation to them.

and no, they aren't there for ever, they are accessed by the two plug in buttons located on the top next to Site Search.

so instead of loading Forums then navigating down to your name - THEN loading your posts and opening them in new tabs.... you can just hit one button and be there :)

I've only been using this set up for 2 or 3 days now but i can say it helps incredibly if you are really busy but still want to keep up to date with MR.

2. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

I realize you posted this

some time ago, but how do you like this app now and would you recommend it still? After using it for a bit, how would you rate its ease of use?

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers!:cool: