My Macs won't recognise my new Apple Keyboard.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mach1ne, Oct 25, 2011.

1. mach1ne macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I just bought an aluminium Apple keyboard (MB110B/A1243) for my Macbook. it doesn't seem to recognise it. I've tried both USBs on the Macbook and I can plug a mouse into the USB on the keyboard and that does move the cursor on the screen so the connection is OK, I just can't type (etc) with it. Any ideas?
    I tried connecting to my MacBook Pro and same problem occurs.
    Thank you,
    Gordon

2. simsaladimbamba

Return it to the Apple Store you bought it from, and maybe bring a MB or MBP with you (the one with warranty), and test the replaced keyboard right there.
    I bought a new keyboard two months ago and it worked without a hiccup.

3. mach1ne thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you......I did actually decide to take it back to the Mac shop, where they told me it was faulty so I got a new one. Thanks

4. simsaladimbamba

Just a question on the side: A you are obviously a Glaswegian, can you tell me the name of the shopping boulevard, where there are also directions for the blind after every crossing? I was once in Glasgow in 1995 and saw that, but can't remember its name.

5. mach1ne thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I think the street you mean is one of two streets: Sauchiehall Street or Argyle Street. If neither of these rings a bell then get back to me and I'll get my thinking cap on. Ta

6. simsaladimbamba

Thanks, it is Sauchiehall Street from the photos I found. Now I just need to find that one Indian restaurant. I guess it was in the north, as we went to Loch Lomond next, but as we visited Glasgow again after that, it might be somewhere else.