My Magic Mouse review

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mac2x, Jan 14, 2010.

1. mac2x macrumors 65816

Sep 19, 2009
    Got my first one with an iMac back last month and just received a new on for the MBP the other day.

First place, I really like the low profile. Other mice (including the Mighty Mouse ) raised my wrist too high, and cut off my circulation. Result: cold right hand all the time. :( Now that's no longer an issue.

Secondly, getting rid of the scrollball is a major plus for me. I hated to lose the side buttons, but hot corners takes care of those features nicely. Ditching the scrollball was more than worth it. I also like the two fingered swipe for surfing the web. :)

Overall, hands-down the best mouse ever for me. :cool:

As far as customization, the one option I know of it BetterTouchTool. I believe there's another app, but can't remember it's name. Any suggestions? :)
  2. robj macrumors regular

Dec 23, 2009
    Madrid, Spain
    I didn't never relation the cold-hand with the high profile of the mouse, but in fact, I have always the right-hand cold, maybe it would be caused for that. :confused:

Yesterday I bought a Magic Mouse, let's see if my right hand stay a little bit warmer :)
  3. kroeks macrumors regular

really lovely tools by the way. It adds so much to your mouse!
    So wierd apple didn't put those things in the main software :s
  4. iPhilPHX macrumors regular

Oct 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    I bought the Magic Mouse several months ago and loved it from the start. Last week I finally added BetterTouchTool and I'm just amazed at how much more I enjoy using the mouse. Highly recommended.
  5. mac2x thread starter macrumors 65816

Sep 19, 2009
    It has helped for me, but remember that everyone's different so your mileage may vary. :) I hope it does help though. I had been wondering why the heck my right hand was so cold all the time,; I believe I found the answer for me. :cool:
  6. mac2x thread starter macrumors 65816

Sep 19, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll give one of those two mouse utilities a try. There is another that is paid that I found, called MouseWizard. Costs $2.50.
  7. mac2x thread starter macrumors 65816

Sep 19, 2009
    Just got MagicPrefs...does exactly what I want (a middle click mainly) and is seamless and very lightweight. :)