My Magic Mouse review

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mac2x, Jan 14, 2010.

1. mac2x macrumors 65816

Got my first one with an iMac back last month and just received a new on for the MBP the other day.

First place, I really like the low profile. Other mice (including the Mighty Mouse ) raised my wrist too high, and cut off my circulation. Result: cold right hand all the time. :( Now that's no longer an issue.

Secondly, getting rid of the scrollball is a major plus for me. I hated to lose the side buttons, but hot corners takes care of those features nicely. Ditching the scrollball was more than worth it. I also like the two fingered swipe for surfing the web. :)

Overall, hands-down the best mouse ever for me. :cool:

As far as customization, the one option I know of it BetterTouchTool. I believe there's another app, but can't remember it's name. Any suggestions? :)

2. robj macrumors regular

I didn't never relation the cold-hand with the high profile of the mouse, but in fact, I have always the right-hand cold, maybe it would be caused for that. :confused:

Yesterday I bought a Magic Mouse, let's see if my right hand stay a little bit warmer :)

3. kroeks macrumors regular

really lovely tools by the way. It adds so much to your mouse!
    So wierd apple didn't put those things in the main software :s

4. iPhilPHX macrumors regular

iPhilPHX

I bought the Magic Mouse several months ago and loved it from the start. Last week I finally added BetterTouchTool and I'm just amazed at how much more I enjoy using the mouse. Highly recommended.

5. mac2x thread starter macrumors 65816

It has helped for me, but remember that everyone's different so your mileage may vary. :) I hope it does help though. I had been wondering why the heck my right hand was so cold all the time,; I believe I found the answer for me. :cool:

6. mac2x thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll give one of those two mouse utilities a try. There is another that is paid that I found, called MouseWizard. Costs $2.50.

http://www.samuco.net/web/node/23

7. mac2x thread starter macrumors 65816

Just got MagicPrefs...does exactly what I want (a middle click mainly) and is seamless and very lightweight. :)