My MB is running really slow... help?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tocyk, Nov 16, 2009.

1. tocyk macrumors member

Sorry for the repost of a topic that has been brought up a million times, but I am having a lot of trouble with my computer lately.

I'm running on the Silver 2.4ghz MBP from Summer of '08.
    With any and all apps, especially FireFox, I get a lot of lag, so I've been seeing A LOT of beach ball. I did a bunch of cleans with Onyx, and that always fixes it for a while, but this problem has been pretty nagging. I am also running on Snow Leopard, have everything completely updated, and have around 57gb left on my HD.

If I can't get any help here, I think I might have to be one of those people who go in to Apple store to get their computer fixed... my battery needs to be serviced anyway. Thanks for any help.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Have you repaired permission in a while? That usually helps my computer.

3. tocyk thread starter macrumors member

Just did it on my HD. Not sure if it really did anything.

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Holy wucking fack! A silver MacBook?!

My god, it's nearly as chutney as the mythical golden water wings...NO, sh! We must not speak of it, for it is legend!

At any rate, puh-lenty (Puh-lenty; n. more than plenty but less than enough) of people are reporting Beach Balls galore in the new shiny Snow Leopard! I would have never thought of the ursa ursa as a beach creature, but granted I said the same thing about Rosie O'donnel before she was beached in 1994 =\

Yeh, it's the Aluminum MacBook, all fudge ups are met with sarcastic retorts in my presence :D

5. djourd macrumors member

6. tocyk thread starter macrumors member

It was clever, I could appreciate it. Excuse me for calling it "silver", my aluminum MBP is being a beez.

Definitely will probably what I'll have to do. I just have FCP on here and would rather not have to go dig for the discs and deal with the 60 hour install (exaggeration).