Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CMillar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
My MacBook Pro battery is caput. No longer. It's a dead battery.

Any recommendations on replacement batteries? The standard Apple replacement is kinda spendy and I've seen "high capacity" 3rd party batteries at an almost 50% discount.

Does anyone have any experience with 3rd party batteries or is the Apple one the only way to go? I really don't want to fry my MB with a garbage battery even if the thing is starting to get long in the tooth.

thedarkhorse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Canada
I would also like to know this as I have been tethered to AC for like a year because of my defective battery, I know fastmac has their trupower battery for $99US, anyone have any experience?

srexy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2006
I would also like to know this as I have been tethered to AC for like a year because of my defective battery, I know fastmac has their trupower battery for $99US, anyone have any experience?

Bump - I'd like to know too. My 06 MBP is creeping towards its 3rd battery due, for the most part, to the high power consumption of the screen.

kikykuang

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2009
My MacBook Pro battery is caput. No longer. It's a dead battery.

Any recommendations on replacement batteries? The standard Apple replacement is kinda spendy and I've seen "high capacity" 3rd party batteries at an almost 50% discount.

Does anyone have any experience with 3rd party batteries or is the Apple one the only way to go? I really don't want to fry my MB with a garbage battery even if the thing is starting to get long in the tooth.

Some 3rd party batteries supplier supply high quality battery, and most of batteries supplier has 1 year warranty, and discount

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.