Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superpalmtree

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
North Dakota
I've always been the one to have the latest high end custom PCs. Lately I've been feeling strapped down to a desk and after working 14+hrs a day on it I felt my life needed a change.

I sold all my PC stuff including dual 30" HPZR30w LCD's........and.......now I have

13.3 MBA Core 2 1.83
2GB RAM
256GB SSD
Samsung External DVD Burner (will get Apple Superdrive just to match)
Apple Magic Mouse / Apple Wireless Keyboard
Apple 27" LED (Use when at my desk)
Synology DS211J with 2x2TB drives (I store all my data here)

I'm honestly very happy with my new mobile setup. I only bought this base 13.3 to get me by until the new MBA is out, I'll upgrade on day 1. This system is very competent though. I run Outlook, Quickbooks, Photoshop, Acrobat Professional, Scan with ScanSnap, and if I open enough programs I do get a little slow down, but the SSD is enough to normally make it enjoyable to use. I'm coming off the Vertex 3 Sata 6, 16GB RAM, 2600K OC to 5GHz, HD 6990 GPU, so this is a big shock but this MBA is doing the job and now I can be mobile and get out of my office chair.

I just got the Nexus S (sprint), should I have went with the iPhone (verizon)? haha. I'm not a huge apple fan but now I'm using it. I guess it's hard to resist such nice looking hardware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.