My MBA still takes 9+ hours to fully charge

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by BryanLyle, Mar 30, 2008.

1. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

So, even after a month and a half, if I let my MBA battery completely die, it still takes over 9 hours to fully charge. I thought this was supposed to get better after a while?

Anyone else still experiencing VERY long recharge times?

2. AstroHouse macrumors member

I never experienced recharge times of more than 5 hours even when new. How many cycles does your battery have?

3. BryanLyle thread starter macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

4. AstroHouse macrumors member

Wow, I'd call AppleCare or visit an Expert at the Apple Store. Sounds like a problem. Just my 2 cents.

5. hotdamn macrumors 6502

The only valid response.
    Why even make a thread?

6. BryanLyle thread starter macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

This was a very common complaint when the MBA came out. I was just curious to see if folks who had this problem initially, still had it.

7. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I still have the battery problem. The Sales rep and Genius's responses were that I could return it (or by inference, sell it) if I was unhappy with the charging time, as it is known to take a very long time.

A fourtysomething battery cycle user reported to me that it is notably lower, around what Astrohouse mentioned but I wonder if anyone's been nerdy enough to time the process properly.

Since I stopped using the Air as my main ultraportable the number of cycles gone through in a week (twentysomething the last time I checked) has drastically reduced, so for me to arrive at this supposedly magic number is now probably a long way away.

8. bence8810 macrumors member

bence8810

I have my week 08 (Japan) MBA for 3 days now, and charging time takes only 4 - 4,5 hours to full capacity. I do have the Cycle counter error though, as it jumps at least 2 or even 3 cycles during a single rundown.

Ben

9. whitlecj macrumors member

AstroHouse nailed it. 9 hours seems like way to long for me and I am sure Apple will take care of you if call them up.

10. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

You should have addressed the problem before your return policy expired. Water under the bridge, though. Call Apple. Good luck.