My MBP 2.6ghz 7200 rpm

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thechidz, Nov 30, 2007.

1. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

so I am typing away now. The screen is amazing, no yerllowing that I notice, of course I hooked it up to my HDTV straight away so I might not be noticing it yet...

BUT... My screen does not close flush with the bottom??? Has anyone else seen this and is it normal? I will take a pic but it reminds me of the old powerbook problem where the screens warped from heat, but this is brand new???

the only other snag I've had has been that I couldn't upgrade my RAM right away because I dont have the right screwdriver. Thats more like a minor annoyance on my part...

Will update with more soon.

2. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Yeah, i've noticed the new mbp's also have the warp, just like the powerbook... not sure if they ever came out of the box that way, i just noticed them later. Hmm

3. Spliff macrumors regular

This is a common problem, I had this before (including the yellow screen) which I returned for a new MBP. No more warp but still have a minor yellow screen. I have decided to live with it or will get it fixed later on.

4. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

A closer look at mine indicates a definate screen yellowing:( bummer...

I dont really have the time to return it right now so if I wait until christmas will they still replace it for me?

5. rtalex macrumors member

I also have the new 2.6, my screen seems fine, but maybe im just not seeing the yellowing. Where exactly do you guys see the yellowing on the screen?

6. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

when I look at it from a side angle in low lighting its very obvious. I dont notice it when I look at it from directly in front though

7. Spliff macrumors regular

There is a HUGE thread on this in the MBP forum. Reading that will tell you exactly what the look for.

8. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

Well, I upgraded my MBP to 4 gigs of RAM and I gotta say, this puppy screams. I am multitasking loading software, tranferring files, emailing, syncing iphone... all in spaces...

And it looks so cool with the black speck case on it, like a bigger blackbook...

I dont know what I should do about the screen???

9. rtalex macrumors member

I love my mbp, i love the screen on it. I get so many compliments here at work. There are quite a few mac users with older MBP and they seem to love the quality of my screen. I dont know if I just dont have any problems with it or maybe mine isnt a bad screen. If i look at it from the side at an extreme angle i can see a bit of yellowing, but if that is what people are talking about then that is being way too picky. I mean it is an a very extreme angle and it is hardly noticeable.

My 2.6 with 4 gigs of ram and 7200rpm hdd is wicked fast and im truly enjoying it more and more every day.

10. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

yeah I know it is truly awesome but its not just the yellowing... its the screen not shutting flush that is bothersome, mostly because it will drop the resale value... Im so surprised it was overlooked?????

11. Draddy macrumors regular

Don't read something to make yourself not like it... if you don't have a problem, forget that anyone else does... you'll just make yourself unhappy.

12. rtalex macrumors member

yea you are right, because honestly im extremely happy with this MBP. I love the screen on it! :)

13. Spliff macrumors regular

rtalex: If you are fine with it, then that's what's important :)

But you can only qualify the yellowing as an issue/problem when looking at the screen from head-on. Viewing an any angle will not be accepted as a defect by Apple.