My MBP 2008 sent to Apple Depot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by michaelsviews, Jan 17, 2011.

1. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

I took my Apple MBP mid 2008 to the Genius bar because it needed cosmetic repairs due to someone "NOT ME" sitting on it. The genius said that they've seen allot worse and it should be back with in 5 to 7 days , but more than likely by this weeks end.

Question's , has anyone on here gone through the same thing and if so how did your Mac look and act once you got it back?

I just realized that I believe it has the Nvidia 8600 in it so does that mean there going to replace that board? I never had problems with graphics before.

I cant wait to get this back though

Thanks for any comments or input

2. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

It will be fine don't worry. Mines at hospital for the second time having a new screen installed. The last time it came back with an entire new case assy. They call me today to ask if I would like my scratched bottom panel replaced as well for no charge. You computer is in good hands.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

In your case, it should look new. Generally, your computer should look or be in the same condition as when you sent it in.

If there was no problems, I don't see why they would swap out your logic board. Even if they did, you would not notice a difference in functionality. With regards to the 8600M GT, there is no fix for it. It's a defective chip so you're not gaining anything even if they did swap out the logic board.

4. michaelsviews thread starter macrumors 65816

No update on Apples site

Thanks for the replys, as of this morning its still pending shipment to the repair center.

Not sure how often Apples Support Repair status updates the site, but it looks like its still sitting at the store:confused: