My mbp behaves strangely !

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sioannou, Nov 17, 2011.

1. sioannou macrumors member

sioannou

Hi guys,

I have an early 2011 base MBP 15" and all of a sudden it started to behave strangely. At first when i fresh powered it up in the morning after login the screen was completely black. The solution I found for this was to press cmd+f2 and f1 to turn off screen brightness and add it again.

Now, that I've solved that problem another one came up. For example when I hold down any key the letter does not repeat itself. For example if i press x and hold it down i don't get xxxxxx. Some keys behave like this , but others behave normally for example uuuuuuuu or sssssss.

To be clear I did not spill anything on the mac or something else. The computer was in my office in a bag.

Please I'd appreciate any help.
    Thanks.

Sotiris

2. davidlv macrumors 65816

Pouting?

We all behave strangely at times, especially when stressed. Judging from your sig. you have been giving that 'puter a lot of love and then you left it in the bag! :eek: It may just be pouting. :D
    Seriously, that sounds like you need to visit the shrinks (opps, meant to type Genius) at the local Apple store for a proper diagnosis.

3. sioannou thread starter macrumors member

sioannou

noooooooo what you mean? I can not live without the computer for a day , especially now that I have to deliver the final year project of the uni. Unfortunately I don't have apple store in my country so i have to visit asaap for repairs. If this is something it can be solved by me and not a hardware failure I could fix it :(

4. Ant.honey macrumors regular

5. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

I think that is a feature in OSX Lion, you can turn it off in Preferences.

6. sioannou thread starter macrumors member

sioannou

Do you know exactly where I could find this setting? Actually I don't think is a preference matter as it randomly working for some keys and for some not.

For example for letter a it may work and later not work :p