My MBP blinks!!?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beautyflower, Nov 7, 2010.

1. beautyflower macrumors newbie

Hey guys

this is my second post here .. I have to say last time you helped my a lot so thnx and I hope you do this time too.

My 13 inch MBP ( bought it April 2010 ) started BLINKING 2 weeks ago .. nothing in particular starts it up but suddenly it blinks it just like an eye !! opens and closes! a black screen appears for .001 ms Its really annoying !!

I went through some posts on the internet and it seems there;s no solution many of the users tried doing many things restoring upgrading ....ect
    It didn't seem to work!

Has anyone experience this or read about it or know any solution?

Thanks in advance

2. movieboy23 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Sounds like it could be a faulty display connector or a problem with the graphics card on the logic board, provided that you have tried all software solutions available. I would take the machine into an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Repair store and have them check out the problem. The good thing is that any hardware issues are covered under the default one-year AppleCare protection plan.

3. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

mine does this when its on battery and about to go to screen saver, but only when I have some apps (that you shouldn't know about) running.

4. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

Apps we shouldn't know about? :eek: That only makes me more curious... :D

5. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

Dang! Wish my eye sight was good enough to distinguish 0.001ms! :D

6. beautyflower thread starter macrumors newbie

all i meant is its fast BLINKS

well its for 1 second am just assuming to let you know that its fast :rolleyes: :p!!!

Actually we dont have an apple store here and other places that sells apple stuff are so bad I mean their customer services !!
    I went for them for my screen it had little dots and they told me oh our policy is we replace you laptop if there are at least five dots?!
    I went for the battery and they wanted to take it for a week to check it and I use my laptop everyday ( college purposes ) ..

So is there any solutions?
    and what do u mean by other programs running??

7. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

If its doing it constantly I would call apple and have it sent to them. Your still under warranty.

8. beautyflower thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya its still on warranty until the first week of April i guess ..
    I bought my laptop from Virgin here in the middle east so who do I call am not familiar with these stuff because i've already mentioned we don't have an Apple store here So which store do I call?!

and Ya it does that constantly and its getting worse day by day about 7-8 times a day .. the thing is my MBP is new thats why am worried and this is my first mac so I dont really know much about it

Thanks for your replies guys