Ok so I feel bad about writing yet another 'should I buy now or wait' kind of post, but when we're talking about this amount of money, it's real nice to get an opinion from people who really know their stuff! I'll break it down for you. I'm (barely) running an ancient Intel Celeron 700mhz/384mb ram system (somebody say WHAT?!). I'm doing a graphic design degree (second year), and I do music production in my free time. So as you can imagine I have the adobe & macromedia suites, along with music software such as Acid Pro, Cubase SX3 & WaveLab etc. BUT obviously these run RIDICULOUSLY slow. It's a pain running this computer, but I'm not gonna lie, I can kind of put up with it if I have to (I'm used to it!). The thing is, I've now got the money to buy a MBP! A nice 2.16/2ghz/7200rpm system. I'm not made of money, so I've got to think carefully. I want this laptop to last me a good few years at least. So I have some questions... 1. Is the whine audible enough to affect sound recording? 2. Will Windows (through Boot Camp) run music software such as Cubase etc. ok? (I'm aware of the current sound driver & rerouting issues). I want to use Windows for music production (and CS2 until it becomes universal) and OSX for everything else... 3. Will I be able to run things like torrents overnight without worrying about my MBP frying? (I hear they get pretty hot) 4. Is Yonah still considered a stopgap chip? Will I find it hard to sell on my MBP because of this? and most importantly... 5. Are there updates due SOON? When is Leopard due? Merom? Are these worth waiting for (bearing in mind what I will use my MBP for) 6. Are the intel prices going to effect MBP prices soon? It would suck if they dropped the price just after I bought one... If you can help me in my decision, thanks!