My MBP Had a meltdown, can you help please?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nightizm, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Nightizm macrumors newbie

I was on my Windows 8.1 side for a bit, just got back home and switched to OS X. I got stuck at loading screen, turned it off, turn back on, bam i'm in. Everything's working alright, I'm listening to spotify, browsing the internet, then all of a sudden chrome starts taking forever to download a song from soundcloud. Chrome starts acting REALLY slow. I close it, then I can't open it again. Try safari, safari keeps telling me "can't find site 'netflix.com' error message won't go away, try googling my problem "can't find site 'google.com'. OK eff this, I restart.. won't load, stuck at loading start...

OK recovery mode time, I repair the disk and there's a buttload of errors and takes a couple minutes to fix, then I repair the permissions as well just in case, re-start, and all my settings got reset, all my apps opened up like it was their first time opening, and 4 apps on the dock showed question marks (all the yosemite apps). Now I've been using Mavericks because Yosemite freezes the dock and itunes dragging for me so I'm waiting on a fix for that..
    But yea..... what the hell just happened?

Some background info:

I'm running a TWO MONTH old 2013 Refurbished Retina MacBookPro 15' maxed out stats. The laptop has done this before on me. I couldn't log in and had to re-install Mavericks and Yosemite, then Yosemite didn't work properly anymore (dock/itunes freezing), then I had to re-install Mavericks. I've had to re-install the operating system approximately 5-6 times now.

What the hell is wrong with my laptop?

Why should I have to keep repairing disks so frequently? Why can the disk never STAY fixed. I'm so confused. I've learned so much about Mac lately having to deal with all this ****.. but it's not just "working" for me. I'm not gonna lie I love it when it WORKS, but it's like a dissaster waiting to happen. Luckily I'm now well versed in the timemachine backups and an extra backup for important files. This is a professional work machine for me, and I made the switch 2 months ago and would really like some insight to what's happening.

-----------------

I made a post on reddit about this and just copied and pasted. I've made posts about more problems I've had on here before, and a couple times people say I might have a faulty disk. Could that really be the problem? Did they sell me a faulty MBP? Will they compensate me if I take it in to a Apple Store and there's problems with the SSD? Like I said it's been 2 months and I've have more than enough problems and I'm kind of fed up. I really like the OS when it's working properly, but like I said I'm all apprehensive cause I'm just expecting it to act up again.. and I'm kind of upset I can't use Yosemite cause it looks wonderful.

Please help me out, thanks.

2. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Take it to an Apple store and have them run diagnostics. Or send it in to Applecare - if it's only two months old, you're covered by the warranty.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

You have a 1 year warranty from date of purchase, how about making use of it?

Your SSD could very well be faulty. These things are produced by the millions yearly, defects happen.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

This sounds like the SSD is giving you a warning of failure. Most of the time SSDs fail all at once so seize this opportunity to backup all data.