Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
1. it's hot. okay so everyone says this. but when this leads to pain to your stomach you'll understand

2. airport hates me. It disconnects all the time, but it's become particularly evil today. I haven't changed any settings, but it randomly decides i've been online too long for it's liking and only a restart or a 15 minute (or never) wait will change it's mind

3.ichate hates me. 2 days ago, I was IMing someone, and I couldn't read any messages they sent but it the bubble thing was there (I know for a fact they sent me several messages). And everytime I disconnect myself, I have to force quite ichat if I want to reconnect

Okay so 3 issues might not seem like a big deal, but they're pissing me off!

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
1-Put something on top of your body so that it doesn't hurt you as much
2-It may be your actualy wireless connection in your house that's messing up like in mine. If not, try asking for help in the help section.
3-use Adium

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
celebrian23 said:
1. i had to move it.
2.my mom's laptop is connecting fine, like an angel in fact
3.why

2-Don't know what to say to help you with it. It's happened to me before, but when I updated my software it went away
3-Adium is just more customizable and has tabs which I really do prefer over iChat. It's all about preference, that's it

drummerbooker14

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2006
Georgia
the airport thing happened occasionally tom my ibook but i found a quick close of the lid and sleep for a second, then immediately try to load a new window would work

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
You are probably using it wrong. Macs just work. Your experiences are very unlike Apple.

Have you tried Adium? If Apple's solution doesn't work use third party software.

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
generik said:
You are probably using it wrong. Macs just work. Your experiences are very unlike Apple.

Have you tried Adium? If Apple's solution doesn't work use third party software.

I'm not using it wrong! I'm glad if something is a little odd it's obviously me and not apple :rolleyes:

Topono

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2006
celebrian23 said:
1. it's hot. okay so everyone says this. but when this leads to pain to your stomach you'll understand

2. airport hates me. It disconnects all the time, but it's become particularly evil today. I haven't changed any settings, but it randomly decides i've been online too long for it's liking and only a restart or a 15 minute (or never) wait will change it's mind

3.ichate hates me. 2 days ago, I was IMing someone, and I couldn't read any messages they sent but it the bubble thing was there (I know for a fact they sent me several messages). And everytime I disconnect myself, I have to force quite ichat if I want to reconnect

Okay so 3 issues might not seem like a big deal, but they're pissing me off!

1)MBPs do get quite hot. It might actually be a problem with the thermal paste. Don't know if you would want to get inside of it, though. You could always use an iLap. Looks like it would work like a charm.

2)AirPort has been an issue lately with all Intel-based Macs. I know there was a patch to fix this on XP comps, but I'm not sure if it's available for Macs, however.

3)You got me there. I really have no idea to answer this. The most I could say is that it might be a problem with the program itself. Send it back. You shouldn't have to pay $2000+ on a notebook that is giving you some problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.