Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
It just started one morning and keeps coming and going.

I managed to record it using the internal mic. The recording is from when I'm closing the lid half-way to get the mic closer to the noise area, and until i reopen the lid all the way up. You can hear the noise away, then very loud, then away again. It is really worrying. It's like a fan is stuck or something.

Oded S.

Attachments

• MBP Noise.m4a.zip
    185.9 KB · Views: 126

odedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
joelypolly said:
sounds like a fan... btw the mic is under the left speaker and not in the screen frame

I know, but closing the lid halfway provided better acustics to hear the noise.

Oded S.

odedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
BurtonCCC said:
If it's moaning, chances are you're confusing a MacBook Pro with a hooker. Happens all the time.

Daniel.

I checked, it's not the hooker.

LOL

Oded S.

ikonq

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2006
it's under warranty (i'd hope LOL), so take it to an Apple Service Center (not just a store, make sure its a service center) and tell them the symptoms. They'll probably replace the Logic Board. (If they don't, I'd wonder about how the tech got certified LOL) If thats not the problem, they'll do the same to the PMU.

If they cant have it fixed fast (give them a week or so if its just one part needing replacement), such as a months time, kick up a bit of a fuss, and then Apple Customer Service might give you a replacement. (These have a habit of being newer or upgraded models of your previous machine)

hope that helps

watchmainspring

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2005
Boston
odedia said:
It just started one morning and keeps coming and going.

I managed to record it using the internal mic. The recording is from when I'm closing the lid half-way to get the mic closer to the noise area, and until i reopen the lid all the way up. You can hear the noise away, then very loud, then away again. It is really worrying. It's like a fan is stuck or something.

Oded S.

how does one utilize the internal mic?

LastZion

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
I've noticed this in the last 5 days, about 3 times. It seems to happen when its REALLY getting hot (not enough airflow to cool down).

My serial is: W861018...

Maybe this is related to the hot earlier models, I heard the heat issue is fixed in W8613+ models...

odedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
LastZion said:
I've noticed this in the last 5 days, about 3 times. It seems to happen when its REALLY getting hot (not enough airflow to cool down).

My serial is: W861018...

Maybe this is related to the hot earlier models, I heard the heat issue is fixed in W8613+ models...

My model is W8613. To tell the truth, I don't think apple did ANYTHING between those so called revisions. It's just week numbers.

Oded s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.