My MBP is on Vacay..

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Melrose, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

So this is my first post from the family iMac - the DHL guy came to pick up my beloved MBP17 not two minutes ago.

The latch needs fixing - and Apple said my AppleCare was two weeks expired but they graciously slipped me in since it's not expired that long (altogether now: :D :apple: :D)

So the first Macintosh ever to set foot in our household is off to hospital for a week or so... I loaded all my music on my iPod, so I've got tunes; All my vids are on the computer though so that sucks.

...just fyi and all. Mourn with me. Or, scratch that since it's getting fixed. Beer me!

2. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

How are those Apple notebooks in quality? How well do the hold up after a year or two? The last notebook I had, was an Toshiba Satellite. Everything was loose after that amount of time, but it was heavily used... I think my next Laptop will be a Toshiba Tecra A10, or an IBM Thinkpad. I want something rugged, as I want to be on the road more... Not trying to thread jack, but it seems Apple has issues with there hinges...

3. Melrose thread starter macrumors 604

Melrose

Mine is over a year old - I got it refurbished exactly one year ago this month - and it's in perfect condition with no sign of weakness in the construction.

The hinge is perfect - my problem was with the latch at the front. For some reason the button got permanently depressed resulting in a cover would couldn't close.

Other than this it has been hands down the most beautiful computer I've ever owned - both hardware and software.

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I have had my MBP15 for going on 2 years now and still LOVE IT!!! :p Everything works great, sounds great, looks great. I do get frustrated with the latch button because my fingers are a little large and it gets a bit hard sometimes to open my notebook but other than that after 2 years still in love with my MBP... :D:apple::D

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No problems what so ever with my iMac and MBP.:)

6. macstevie macrumors newbie

You guys are making me jealous with all this MBP talk! I've had quite a few different macs but never a MBP. With the new ones in the shops it might be time to indulge!

7. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

Still have an aluminum PowerBook G4 I got 5-6 years ago. The build is still solid (they don't make them like they use to?) the latch is still perfect. :)

8. fotografica macrumors 68040

I'm pouring one for you....

Attached Files:

9. Melrose thread starter macrumors 604

Melrose

That was the first type of Single Malt Scotch I ever bought! You've got a good sense of taste, my man.. Have a wee dram for me too ;)

@Macstevie: You don't know what you're missing if you don't have a MBP. They're awesome - I love mine.. Check out the refurbed ones at the Apple Online Store; you can save a big chunk of moolah that way.

My journey continues: THankfully I was able to get my mouse hooked up and configged the way I like it, so it's not so bad after all. The loss is really not having bookmarks, passwords to some sites, etc. I think I'll live though. :D I am still using a Mac, after all.

10. Melrose thread starter macrumors 604

Melrose

First post having it back Fedex delivered it a few minutes ago.

I love having it back! One week w/o my MBP is like having a arm cut off. Maybe a finger... okay, it was like having my fingernails cut reeaaal short.

I missed him so much.. :D